As the year draws to a close, and the festive spirit lingers in the air, there’s a unique window of time between Christmas and New Year’s that presents a golden opportunity for artists to unleash their creativity. In this blog post, we’ll explore how you can make the most of this special week by creating art, particularly focusing on coffee-themed pieces and photographs that capture the essence of the season.
Capturing the Holiday Vibes:
For photography enthusiasts, the week between Christmas and New Year’s offers a canvas ripe with inspiration. Consider venturing into the realm of street photography to immortalize the lingering holiday vibe in the everyday. Streets adorned with leftover Christmas decorations, people bustling with a mix of holiday cheer and anticipation for the New Year – these are moments waiting to be frozen in time.
Street Photography Tips:
- Golden Hour Magic: Utilize the soft, warm light of the golden hour to add a magical touch to your photographs. Capture the play of sunlight on holiday decorations, or on people enjoying the festive ambiance.
- Candid Moments: Seek out spontaneous moments that reflect the unique blend of joy, reflection, and excitement characteristic of this time of the year. Candid shots can often tell a more compelling story than posed ones.
- Coffee Culture in the Streets: Explore the coffee culture that thrives in public spaces. Cafes with holiday decorations, people sipping on warm drinks – these elements can add a delightful dimension to your street photography.
Fine Art Inspiration:
For fine artists, drawing inspiration from the last days of the year can result in captivating and reflective pieces that encapsulate the essence of transition. Think about the emotions, experiences, and memories that come to the surface as the year bids adieu.
Fine Art Tips:
- Reflective Themes: Choose themes that resonate with the reflective nature of the season – perhaps a piece that encapsulates the passage of time, or one that captures the beauty of fleeting moments.
- Seasonal Palette: Experiment with a palette inspired by the winter season. Cool blues, warm browns, and subtle golds can evoke a sense of the holidays.
- Coffee-Inspired Art: Infuse your artwork with the rich and comforting hues associated with coffee. Consider creating pieces that celebrate the joy of coffee-drinking, perhaps incorporating actual coffee stains or textures.
Call to Artists:
As we revel in the beauty of this unique week, we invite artists to seize the moment and share their creations with us. We’re still in the call to artist phase of our project through January 31, 2024 so there is plenty of time. Submit your coffee-themed photographs or fine art pieces that capture the essence of the week between Christmas and New Year’s or any other time of year that gets your creativity brewing! Submit your work by January 31, 2024 here – Submissions. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for project updates.