Rhode Island, despite its modest size, stands as a vibrant and culturally rich hub for the arts in the United States. Nestled between the bustling metropolises of Boston and New York, the Ocean State boasts a robust and diverse artistic community that transcends its compact geographical footprint. Renowned for its unwavering commitment to fostering creativity, Rhode Island serves as a haven for artists of all disciplines, nurturing a dynamic tapestry of visual arts, performing arts, and literary endeavors. From the historic streets of Providence, with its eclectic arts scene, to the charming coastal towns that inspire local artisans, Rhode Island encapsulates a unique blend of tradition and innovation, making it a compelling canvas for the arts to flourish.
Interlace Grant Fund
The Interlace Grant Fund is dedicated to supporting Providence-area visual artists. Beyond providing grants and resources, Interlace actively seeks to meet artists’ needs by fostering unconventional collaborations and advocating for stronger relationships within the artistic community and between artists and audiences. Committed to responsive support and unconventional collaborations, Interlace aims to expand audiences, create fresh outcomes, and inspire an enriched trans-disciplinary discourse.Learn more at Interlace Fund
Make Art Grant (MAG)
The Make Art Grant (MAG) provides artists with grants of up to $3,000 to create or continue specific artwork in any discipline. Projects must have defined goals, although completion and public showing of the art are not mandatory. The Make Art Grant is open to artists of all levels and supports experimentation, materials, space rental, paying collaborators, documentation, and artist stipends.Apply for the Make Art Grant at Make Art Grant Application
More Opportunities in Rhode Island
- RISCA’s Arts Jobs Blog: Stay updated on the latest job opportunities in the arts field, maintained by the Rhode Island State Council on the Arts.
- ACT Public Art Calls: Explore public art opportunities issued by the Department of Art, Culture + Tourism.
- ArtsNowRI.com: Find a variety of arts opportunities and job postings, maintained by Providence’s Department of Art, Culture + Tourism. Check the Classified Section at the bottom of the page.
- Artist Residency Programs: Your comprehensive guide to residencies for visual artists, writers, composers, choreographers, scholars, filmmakers, community artists, architects, and more – globally and locally. Maintained by the Alliance of Artists Communities.
- NEA Art Works Grant: The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Art Works Grant supports projects that meet the highest standards of excellence in the arts. Grants range from $10,000 to $100,000, with a focus on public engagement, lifelong learning, and community strengthening through the arts. Explore more opportunities at Providence Arts Opportunities
Coffee Table Art Book Project
In the spirit of elevating artistic endeavors, an exciting opportunity beckons for artists in Rhode Island and beyond. The Coffee Table Art Book Project, is actively seeking captivating coffee-themed art and photography to be showcased in their upcoming curated coffee table book. This caffeinated venture invites artists to submit their work and become integral contributors to a visually stimulating exploration of the rich and diverse world of coffee. To be part of this exhilarating project, artists can find detailed information and access the application here. DEADLINE 1/31/24!